A simple truffle recipe using only 3 ingredients, no heavy cream & ready in 5 MINUTES! Plus, what’s not to love? It’s Nutella!
Nutella. Nutella. Nutella, my guilty pleasure. It’s a love-hate relationship I have for this luscious hazelnut spread.
Love it’s silky, creamy, drippy chocolate-hazelnut flavor that could have me spread it onto EVERY. SINGLE. EDIBLE. THING. IN. LIFE. just to make it taste better BUT… I loathe that miserable guilt as I look back moments later into that merging-on-empty plastic container to see I’ve inhaled way more than I should have. My face cringes and later you’ll find me sweat drenched at the gym trying to teach myself a lesson and rid my icky yucky feeling of consuming 1000 kcal at once.
I’ve got to tell ya, I have absolutely no will power when it comes time for this stuff. You won’t see many Nutella recipes here on URBAN BAKES simply because it’s usually gone before I even have a chance to spread it onto something. THEN, you want me to make it last long enough for a photo shoot! Oh no, my brain doesn’t work like that. No way. It WILL be gone. Nutella is my guilty pleasure, no doubt about that. You can read more about it HERE.
But to move on forward, I did manage to salvage these little truffles for you. It was by pure mistake, I’ll tell you that. In an attempt to make Nutella stuffed cookies, the recipe failed leaving me with truffle-like balls sitting on a cookie sheet staring at me waiting to be
eaten used. I thought, wouldn’t it be great to turn these into truffles?! They look like truffles, taste like truffles and it can be made much faster than the traditional truffle minus all the hours or even overnight waiting for the real deal to set. These are much better as if Nutella alone didn’t sell you already.
There’s no heavy cream used in this recipe so you can skip out on all the fat (the spread makes it up for that loss- trust me I already told you- hence 1K cal!). No fridge time so you can even have these ready in just 5 minutes, right before guests come over! Aaaand it’s only 3-ingredients! Now isn’t that nice?! Ahh, you’re welcome. ;-)
- Nutella or any hazelnut spread with cocoa - 1/2 cup
- confectioner's sugar - 1/2 cup
- finely chopped hazelnuts - 1/4 cup
- In a small bowl, mix hazelnut spread and confectioner's sugar until it becomes uniform and sugar is no longer visible. Divide into 1-inch balls and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Roll each ball into a bowl of chopped hazelnuts. ENJOY!
- Sweetened or unsweetened cocoa powder can be substituted for chopped hazelnuts.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutella Truffles recipe was created by URBAN BAKES.
Want more Nutella? Click photo below to see more!
Want more recipes 5-ingredients or less? See the list below of what other fellow food bloggers have made for this week’s #SundaySupper.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday!
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Side and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Chipotle Scalloped Potatoes with Chorizo from La Cocina de Leslie
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fruited Jasmine Rice from It’s Yummi
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Italian Cheese Panini from La Bella Vita
- Drunken Chicken and Potatoes from Webicurean
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Lemon Chicken and Potatoes from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from Dinner Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foil Chicken from Meal Diva
Dessert and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Easy Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food