Caramel-filled chocolate chips baked into banana cupcakes and topped with a banana-flavored chocolate frosting!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®. The opinions and text are all mine.
In addition to chocolate, I think you may already know how obsessed I am about caramel. It was only natural that when I discovered NESTLÉ® Toll House® launched a new product called DelightFulls™ Filled Baking Morsels, I became ecstatic! Listen to this…
There’s caramel INSIDE the milk chocolate morsels!! But there’s more!
Not only are there caramel-filled baking morsels, there is also mint-filled dark chocolate morsels as well! Isn’t this exciting?! Now you know, mint flavored cookies, cakes and everything-mint are perfect for the holiday season (or for any season!) and I can’t wait to soon get started on my minty side of sweet.
It didn’t take me long to decide on what to make with my bag of caramel-flavored DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels. Having several bananas resting on my dining table desperately calling for attention did help make my decision. I quickly thought, bananas and caramel work perfectly together much like caramel and chocolate, I just knew what had to be done. Plus, I’m a firm believer you can add chocolate to practically anything sweet under the sun and you’re good to go. Thus, Banana and Caramel Filled Chocolate Chip Cupcakes were born.
They’re soft, moist and full of banana-caramel-chocolaty goodness. If you really want to enhance the caramel flavor of the cupcakes, drizzle caramel topping over its banana-flavored chocolate frosting!
PS: Did I forget to mention how much fun it is to bite halfway into each morsel to see the caramel inside?! Yea I have a thing for that. :)
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 (3 oz) packet banana gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 medium) banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 cup NESTLÉ Toll House DelightFulls caramel filled chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ Toll House DelightFulls caramel filled chocolate morsels, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tablespoon banana emulsion or 1 tablespoon banana extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 - 5 cups confectioner's sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place a paper baking cup into each of the 24 cupcake wells.
- In large bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, beat all cake ingredients together except the caramel NESTLÉ Toll House DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels, for about 45 seconds. Increase speed to medium and continue to beat until just combines, about 1 minute. Do not over mix.
- Fold in morsels. Fill each baking cups about 3/4 full, about 1/4 cup.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan before transferring cupcakes to a wire rack for additional cooling.
- In large bowl, beat butter and chocolate until blended. Mix in banana emulsion/extract and milk.
- Gradually add confectioner's sugar 1 cup at a time and beat until completely blended. Note: for thicker consistency, add more confectioner's sugar by 1/2 cup at a time; to reverse thick frosting, increase milk by 1/2 tablespoon at a time and mix well.
- Fill a pastry bag with chocolate frosting using a closed star tip (I used #1D) and pipe swirls in one direction. Drizzle caramel topping over frosting. ENJOY!
Recipe Source: www.urbanbakes.com
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
The same NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® chocolate you know and love now filled with rich caramel, peanut butter, mint, and cherry flavored filling. Add these new filled baking morsels to your favorite recipes for a special twist on the classic, or try experimenting with them in a recipe you’ve never tried before!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®. The opinions and text are all mine.