A warm ooey gooey chocolaty cake with dripping caramel, drizzled chocolate, chocolate chips and toasted pecans!
Best turtle cake, EVER!
Honestly, this cake is just not fair. Not fair that it tastes AMAZING yet it makes me feel so guilty. I took one bite and the next thing I knew, a quarter of it was GONE! I just kept digging in. Will power went right out the window.
With every bite I took, my constant words were, “Okay no, now this time… (**mouth full**) Mmmm, now THIS is my last piece, OMG (**eyes rolling to the back of the head**) Just one more bite!” C’mon! I know you’ve been there too. Don’t deny it.
If it weren’t for having to take photos of this scrumptious cake, I think I could have eaten the entire 13×9 pan to myself! No joke! I’m sure I would’ve have had the worst belly ache but it would have been SO worth it!
I could probably sit here and go on-and-on about how much I dream about this cake and how great it tastes, but seriously, this is a MUST TRY RECIPE. It’s warm and extremely moist with it’s dripping caramel and drizzled chocolate, chocolate chips and toasted pecans… need I say more?!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 oz. semi sweet baking chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 butter
- 1 bag (14 oz.) caramels, unwrapped
- 1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour bottom and sides of 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, beat all cake ingredients together. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup butter, caramels, and evaporated milk over medium heat; stir until smooth.
- Spread caramel sauce over hot cake, Sprinkle with chopped chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Cool for about 1 hour or serve warm. ENJOY!
Chewy Turtle Snack Cake recipe was adapted from (p. 38) of Betty Crocker Big Book of Cakes