A Grilled Chicken Sandwich Slider Enjoyed with a Sweet & Tangy Balsamic Glaze Over Melted Fresh Mozzarella, Ripe Tomato and Basil. Perfect 30-Minute Outdoor Lunch!
Can you believe it? We’re halfway into the 6-week Sunday Sliders Series! With only 3 more to go, my hope is to be able to satisfy your juiciest slider favs.
This week, I’ve kept the sliders light and simple turning a traditional caprese into mini sandwiches. Probably one of the quickest bites from start to finish ever posted here on URBAN BAKES! Using simple ingredients such as chicken, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella, with no baking in the kitchen (of yourself or the food in this Summer’s heat), what’s not to love? This is the perfect outdoor grilling recipe!
Switching gears from the Caprese Sliders, I want to take a moment and go over a piece of information I found to be extremely important. For the past two weeks, I’ve posted two slider recipes for the series, you can see them here and here and with that, I’ve tied in the Smart Card Giveaway.
Over the weekend, I came across new info regarding identity theft in which I found quite shocking and hope you do as well to see the importance and benefits of using a Smart Card in the near future.
In a news release on March 3, 2017 by the Federal Trade Commission, identity theft reached an all time high in 2016. In the report, 15.4 million people that’s 1 out of 16 adults victimized by this crime!
Due to these alarming numbers, in 2016 brick-and-mortar retailers were forced to accept something more secure, the chip (EMV) or face consequences. Although reports show this has helped, unfortunately criminals seem to always stay a step ahead of us!
Now the new fight against Fraud and Identity Theft, is the Smart Card. It’s technology does NOT allow your current bank cards to be merely scanned by being in your purse or wallet using a scanner. The Smart Card has proven to be safer than anything that’s currently on the market.
We all have worked hard for the money earned. Doesn’t it make sense to be proactive by protecting your money rather than being another statistic of an unsuspected victim? To give you a greater insight about the Smart Card, send me an email at email@example.com to watch a quick 3-min video.
Enter in to the Smart Card giveaway below.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- 1 tablespoon garlic sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- French bread loaf, cut into 4 parts and halved
- 1 small fresh mozzarella cheese ball, sliced
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette glaze
- Preheat a grill pan or a gas/charcoal grill. Season each side of the chicken breasts with garlic sea salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil. Grill until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile place halved bread slices with the inside facing down onto the grill to toast; set aside.
- Once chicken has cooked and allowed to rest for about 5 minutes off the grill, place a slice of mozzarella cheese on each to melt. Place chicken over the bottom half of the toasted bread.
- Top with fresh basil leaves, a slice of tomato, drizzle balsamic vinaigrette glaze and top with the toasted top bread. ENJOY!
Made any of my recipes? I would love to see them! Snap a pic and use the #urbanbakes on your public Instagram and Twitter.