Your furry friends will love the new twist on the traditional Dog Safe Carob Brownies with the addition of Peanut Butter Swirled over the top!
You may have read it in a caption on Instagram, ‘Grizz and Choco leave footprints on my heart’ and they sure do. They have always been the highlight of my day. No matter how bored they get when left alone or that earlier in the day I may have accidently raised my voice at them for shredding toilet paper from the bathroom garbage, or perhaps the “resentment” they had towards me for not allowing them to sleep on my bed at night which they later (I believe) retaliated by hiding my slippers by morning, they always show their love with excitement every time I walk through that front door.
They’ll bark and grunt and jump and lick, and will continue to bombard me with this love and affection until I acknowledge their existence with pat down their backs and kiss on their head. You see, we have this special thing going and despite the fact that I tend to topple over them during these moments, it works for us and that’s what I call, love. Unconditional love that I look forward to each and every time I see them.
There is a saying I once read that goes something along the lines of, “a dog is only a part of your world but to a dog, you are their world,” source unknown. Let that sink in for a moment. It kind of gives you perspective, huh?
You see, I don’t have any children of my own yet and like any young adult female who has dogs for kids (keeping my age vague here people- shhh, ok!), I’m sure one can understand where I come from when I say that I take joy in knowing that there is a living being at home waiting for me, one who will greet me with excitement everyday, and of course, I must admit, one who doesn’t speak. ;-) Sometimes this gal here simply needs quiet time after a long day. But to give back to the precious two that I adore, I would do anything to keep them happy. Even if it calls for me to bake them snacks every now and then no matter how exhausted I may be because it comes from the heart.
Doesn’t Grizz-Lee look like a model here?! He’s such a good boy, listening to every sit and stay command.
I know listening to me must have been torture for him with that overwhelming temptation of peanut butter and carob in front of his face!
Good boy, I’ll tell ya. Good boy.
And my little Chocolate Choco-monster, this girl will eat everything in sight!
Onto some new news, I recently opened a new Instagram account for my dogs and their friends @URBANFURBABY in which I will posts pictures of them and the dog safe foods they eat so I invite you to come along and let’s be friends there too. Also, I have opened www.urbanfurbaby.com for quick access to all of the dog-safe recipes. It’s in the beginning stages at the moment but I hope to gain popularity with more pet-safe treats. Perhaps even cat snacks too! If there is something you would like to see made for your furry loved ones, leave a comment below. Always in need of new ideas.
**Note: All dog foods found on URBAN BAKES has been tested by me (yes, I try it too!) and is ensured that all ingredients are dog-safe through creditable online sources and veterinarians. However, there are several common allergies/intolerances that can develop over time which may include and is not limited to certain proteins, corn, wheat and soy. Please check with your veterinarian if your pet can consume any of the listed ingredients found in this recipe.**
- 4 ounces Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup reduced fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup carob powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a medium bowl, mix Neufchâtel cheese, peanut butter together until there are no visible white streaks. Add egg and vanilla, mix until light and creamy; set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil. Generously grease bottom and sides using a baking spray with flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, honey, 4 eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until just combined. Add flour, carob powder and baking powder and mix until just combined. Note: small clumps of carob may be present.
- Evenly spread batter into lined baking pan. Drop scoop peanut butter-cream cheese mixture over brownie batter. Using a toothpick or butter knife, cut through both mixtures to form swirls. Gently tap pan a few times over the counter to settle any gaps that may have formed from the swirls.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares appropriate for the size of your dog. ENJOY!
For thinner brownies, use a 9-inch square baking pan.
Full fat versions of cream cheese and peanut butter may be substituted.
Recipe source: www.urbanbakes.com
There are several common dog allergies/intolerances that can develop over time which may include and is not limited to certain proteins, corn, wheat and soy. Please check with your veterinarian if your pet can consume any of the listed ingredients found in this recipe.
Have you made any of my recipes? I would love to see them. Snap a pic and use the #urbanbakes on your public Instagram and Twitter.