I have another recipe for your cookie inspiration!
This year I participated in two cookie swaps, one of which was held in the city of New York which allowed friends and family to attend thanks to my friend and host, Lillian from Sweets by Sillianah.
It was just how I imagined a cookie swap should be; a short and small (~30 people) meet and greet type of setting over coffee, tea and hot chocolate provided by Coffee Foundry and our wonderful Divine Chocolate sponsor. What was great about this event was that it gave me a chance to mingle with some new and old friends from around the city. Any chance I can get to meet new people is always a plus.
In addition, this event was for a good cause helping to raise money for City Harvest. Shortly after registering for the swap, I received a delightful package at my doorstep filled with a variety of Divine Chocolates! I immediately opened the box and saw an assortment of chocolates. Instantly, I was drawn to their bar of Divine Milk Chocolate with Spiced Cookies; I knew exactly what I wanted to bake.
For this recipe I created a cookie similar to the chocolate chip cookies made earlier this year. I’m a sucker for cookies that are big and soft. Fill them with walnuts and it becomes even more difficult for me to say no to just one. So yea, I made it just the way I like it. They had a hint of the spiced cookies flavor from the Divine chocolate bar (which by the way, is Soo good, you just may want to eat the bar itself!) and drizzled chocolate on top = perfection! For more information on Divine Chocolates and their spiced cookie flavored bar, see here.
Did you know that when you tweet/retweet the hashtag #feedourpeople, $5 is donated to City Harvest? Pretty awesome, huh! You can also discover all the cookie swap buzz over on twitter and instagram using the hashtag #CookieSwapNYC.
Milk Chocolate & Walnut Spiced Cookies
- 1 3.5 oz. bar of Divine Milk Chocolate with Spiced Cookies
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 oz. chocolate, melted (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with silicone mat or parchment paper; set aside in a cool area.
- In small bowl, microwave Divine Milk Chocolate with Spiced Cookies bar at 30-second intervals until completely melted; set aside to cool. Note: be sure to stir in between each interval to prevent burning.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and both sugars until one cohesive mass forms.
- Gradually add eggs, vanilla and 3.5 oz. of melted Divine Milk Chocolate with Spiced Cookies and continue beating on medium speed until thoroughly mixed, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Reduce the speed to medium-low and gradually add the flour mixture and mix until completely blended. Fold in walnuts.
- Divide dough into 12 equal parts and arrange them 2 to 3-inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until edges become light golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets before removing cookies to a wire rack to for further cooling.
- To decorate: drizzle with additional melted Divine chocolate of choice and sprinkle nonpareils before chocolate sets. ENJOY!
Milk Chocolate and Walnut Spiced Cookies recipe was created by URBAN BAKES