Bite into the Warm Scent of Vanilla, Caramel-like, Chewy Cookie Clusters Bursting with Tart Pomegranate and a Soft Nutty Flavor of Pistachios. A 15 Minute, No Bake, Vegan recipe perfect for small or large crowds!
At last, the Thanksgiving rush is over and just when I think it’s safe to take a break from the kitchen chaos, I find myself right back at it digging and testing new recipes for upcoming cookie exchanges. And if you’re anything like me who enjoys making treats for others during this time of year, don’t fret! I’ve got you covered with this crowd pleaser of a cookie! Best part is… you don’t need your oven and it only takes 15 minutes to make!
Okay that was two best parts but that just makes it even better!
This cluster recipe dates back to when I first started blogging (and didn’t really know what I was doing). I made them for a friend who asked if I can fill in for the day and so I came up with something I felt was fun, quick and can be easily tailored to anyone’s liking. You can see the post HERE.
They say baking is a science and like most cookie recipes which require an oven, you must be careful on how much you alter the ingredients with in mind, its respective quantities. A small mishap, can leave the entire batch in ruins. And that’s no bueno. Rest assure, you really don’t have to worry about this here.
Keeping the base of brown sugar, peanut butter and corn syrup in the same ratio regardless if you halve or double the recipe, you should be solid in manipulating the other ingredients which is what I LOVE about these cookie clusters!
If you’re not a fan of pistachios, swap it for another nut or perhaps dried fruit. Use your best judgement and add 1/4 cup at a time of another ingredient such as pre-cooked quinoa, granola or other grains to give additional flavor and texture to the mix.
The possibilities are endless!
- 2 cups cereal flakes
- 1/4 cup grape nuts flakes
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix cereal flakes, grape nut flakes, pomegranate and pistachios; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium to high heat, whisk brown sugar, peanut butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil for one minute, stir constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour syrup over cereal mixture and mix until evenly coated.
- Drop 1/4 cup of mixture onto waxed paper, lightly press together to hold shape. Note: be careful, mixture will be very hot! To preserve shape, allow clusters to cool completely before removing from wax paper. ENJOY!
Recipe can be doubled.
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see! Tag @urbanbakes on Instagram or Twitter and hashtag it #urbanbakes.
Adapted from No Bake Cranberry Nut Clusters
Recipe source: www.urbanbakes.com