The beautiful natural lavender color is the result of blueberries and cream. It’s texture is rich with a sinful creamy and buttery mouth feel but don’t feel too guilty, it’s sugar free and you won’t even notice! How great is that?!
With just a few ingredients and a bit of patience, you can have this ice cream ready to eat in less than an hour. Perfect for blueberry lovers and for those on a sugar free restricted diet.
Sugar free Blueberry Blast Ice Cream
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 12 min | Total time: 50 min | Yield: 1 1/2 quarts | Servings: 10 (1/2 Cup)
- 1 1/2 C fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 C sugar substitute
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1 C whole milk
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 t vanilla extract
- In saucepan over medium-high heat, combine blueberries, sugar substitute and salt. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally until salt and sugar substitute completely dissolve. Decrease heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, transfer blueberry mixture into a small bowl and allow to cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, whisk heavy cream, milk, lemon juice and vanilla until just combined.
- Combine blueberry mixture with heavy cream mixture and whisk until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Pour into the ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. NOTE: if recipe calls for more batter than your machine’s limit, divide batter. Remember freezer bowl must be cleaned and refrozen prior to each subsequent use.
- For thicker ice cream, place into an air tight container and freeze for 2 or more hours.
- If making by bag version, you may follow the same quantities of ingredients. Divide batter into smaller portions into the sandwich bag to prevent overflow.
Sugar free Blueberry Blast ice cream recipe created by URBAN BAKES.