The best soft and chewy brownie and chocolate chip cookie all in one!
Hands down, these cookies are THE BEST Brookies, EVER! A combination of my two favorites: brownies and chocolate chip cookies. It can’t get any better than the best of two worlds put together in ONE cookie. Taking a bite into these takes me wayy back to my childhood days when my sister and I would bake up a storm with our “not-so-pretty cakes,” you can read all about it in, how I started.
But you see, baking was always in me even as a child. I loved every minute of it and still do till this day. To know you can make something from scratch and watch it come out the oven into something so simple yet delectable, brings so much joy. I know there are many young bakers out there that if I could reach out to each one them, I would say to keep doing what you do because you never know where your passion for baking will lead you. Baking is truly so much fun and of course, eating the food it is even better! I think everyone can agree with me on that!
So with all the baking I do, I’m often asked if I eat all of the sweets. Now I can’t eat everything. I wish I could but my jeans won’t let me. Instead I give it to my neighbors. One neighbor in particular is Katie which just so happens to be my hand model in the photo below. She is the sweetest girl. She surprised me a few weeks ago with baked cookies and asked if I could let her know if I like them. Of course I did! They were chocolate chip, my fav!
To return the favor, I gave her a CHARM IT! bracelet and she LOVED it. Figured it suit her well being that she enjoys baking too :)
To extend my baking passion, I’m sharing with you something I absolutely adore. Something I wish I had as a young girl, a CHARM IT! bracelet
The true flavor of a brownie cookie together with the softest chocolate chip cookie, makes the BEST Brookies EVER
- BROWNIE COOKIES
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (5 1/2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups packed LIGHT brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment or silicon baking liner; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt butter and chocolate in microwave on HIGH setting for 30 seconds, stir. Reheat for an additional 15-30 seconds until fully melted, stir again.
- Mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir until batter is completely blended. NOTE: batter may appear thin and tacky. Set bowl aside to thicken while preparing soft chocolate chip cookies.
- In large bowl, cream granulated sugar, light brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs until blended. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Add chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop rounds of chocolate chip cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Wipe ice cream scooper clean or use a second tablespoon to scoop rounds of brownie cookie dough next to each round of chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Join the two cookie doughs together by a small pinch to adhere any gaps.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Leave cookies to cool in pan for 1 minute then transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Serve immediately or save for later in an air tight container for one week. ENJOY!
Brownie cookie recipe can be doubled to make enough to use the remaining chocolate chip cookie dough.
If either cookie doughs appear too thin to scoop and mound, cover and refrigerate dough(s) for 20-30 minutes. Remove and shape accordingly. Refrigerating will help stiffen the dough therefore, it should not fall flat upon baking.