Seasoned Burger Sliders with melty Swiss Cheese between 2 Buttered Toasted Egg Buns generously slathered with Truffle Oiled Mayo, will have you begging for more!
Welcome to the first of my Sunday Sliders Series where I bring a new juicy slider each Sunday for the next 6 weeks! A time where you can feast your eyes as you enter in for your chance to WIN the world’s 1st Smart Card! See details below…
You may have come across this slider’s name before. Perhaps in the little corner at the bottom of Smashburger’s menu? Well, this is where my inspiration originated.
About two months ago I ate at this fast food joint for the first time. I was reluctant in trying this place because I’m not all gung-ho for burgers. But much to my surprise, the menu read truffle and from that
moment second, I was ALL IN! I. LOVE. Truffle!
I can eat just about anything with truffle on it. Hell, maybe if I put some on broccoli & collie flower (which you won’t ever find here *yuck*) then that’ll get me to eat those gosh awful veggies. Just kidding! But seriously, if you haven’t tried it, GET TO IT! Truffle oil is now available in most markets and I bought my bottle at TJ Maxx for under $10!
Thanks to truffle oil’s unique aroma, these sliders pack major flavor making this burger hit the list as a slider I find, irresistible. This rare ingredient (fresh truffles) has been a hot commodity for centuries yet we’re hearing more about it over the past decade. It’s so rare, some will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a few pounds of a naturally grown truffle! No wonder this prized possession is called The Diamond of the Kitchen.
Some say truffles have become the holy grail to foodies with its powerful aroma that can elicit a strong emotional response. It’s been described as having a distinct, musky yet sensual scent that can drive women wild by the slightest waft. I must agree, it smells heavenly. There’s not a time when getting a whiff, does the truffle not make my head fall back and put me in a euphoric state of mind; that no matter what’s happening around me, I’m at peace.
Watch out… I’ll be making more recipes using truffle oil! Love this stuff!
- 3 - 4 russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper (optional)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons white or black truffle oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic sea salt (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 6 slider egg buns or pretzel buns
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 4 oz sliced cremini or baby bella mushrooms
- 4 - 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 450°F. Thinly slice potatoes to about 1/4-inch thick. Drizzle oil over potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently toss to create an even coat throughout the potatoes.
- Place potato slices onto a silicone-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until potatoes have reached desired crispness and are browned. Season fries with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve a side to the sliders. ENJOY!
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon truffle oil. Add more oil ½ teaspoon at a time until desired taste is reached; set aside.
- Preheat stovetop or grill on medium heat. Season beef with 1 teaspoon of truffle oil and 1 teaspoon of garlic sea salt, mix well.
- Divide and flatten beef into 6 equal patties, about 3 inches in diameter. Make a thumbprint indentation in the center of each patty to prevent bulging upon cooking. Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon of garlic sea salt onto each side of the patties. Cook or grill patties for 5 minutes on each side or until well done.
- Meanwhile over a stove-top, preheat a separate pan on medium-low heat. Butter the inside of each slider bun. Place bun butter-side-down onto the pan, toast until the bun has a light brown crisp, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, drizzle 1 to 2 teaspoons of truffle oil and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Add mushrooms, cook and stir until mushrooms have softened and browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Returning to the burgers, place a slice of swiss cheese on top of each to allow it to melt until the burgers are done. If possible, cover to have the cheese to melt further.
- Spread truffle mayonnaise on the toasted side of each bun, place burger on top, add mushrooms above patty and top with the toasted top bun. ENJOY!
Made any of my recipes? I would love to see them! Snap a pic and use the #urbanbakes on your public Instagram and Twitter.
The Moment You’ve Been Waiting for. . . The Smart Card Giveaway Begins!